Workplace Accident Lawyers In Forest Hills Advocate For Employees Hurt On The Job In Queens And Throughout New York
If you are injured on the job, it can have a devastating impact on your life, especially if you must miss work or undergo extensive medical care. Fortunately, New York law provides injured workers with options for obtaining the financial assistance they need to recover from physical disability or illness. Consult a Forest Hills work injury lawyer if you need assistance following a workplace injury.
We recognize that following a work-related injury, the situation may appear daunting. After a workplace accident, you may rely on our attorneys to visit you at home or in the hospital to spend the required time getting to know you and understanding your needs, concerns, and goals. In addition, we will immediately begin working on your case and demand the maximum financial compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured on the job, contact us for a case evaluation to talk about your legal rights and options with an experienced work injury attorney in Forest Hills from our legal team.
How We Can Assist Those Who Have Been Injured on the Job
Frequently, the only method for an injured worker to receive compensation for their damages is to make a claim for workers’ compensation. On the other hand, certain workplace accidents may result from the negligence or other criminal action of an unaffiliated individual. Under such conditions, an injured worker may be eligible to file a third-party injury claim against the responsible party.
As a result of an accident on the job, we can assist you with the following third-party claims:
- Automobile collisions caused by careless or irresponsible driving
- Dogs biting delivery people
- Accidents at work caused by substandard machinery, tools, or equipment injuries caused by a client’s property that was potentially harmful or defective allegations of negligence, such as when an employee is injured due to the negligence of independent contractors operating nearby.
- Claims for deliberate torts, such as when a client or other party harms a worker, are considered intentional torts.
Allow the Forest Hills attorneys that specialize in workplace injuries to investigate your case. By making a claim for bodily harm, we will determine if you are eligible for compensation for a work-related illness or injury caused by the negligence of another party.
A Forest Hills Work Injury Lawyer in Forest Hills Will Fight To Obtain The Maximum Compensation
After suffering a workplace injury, you may rely on a Forest Hills work injury lawyer to handle every aspect of fighting for your rights and pursuing your legal claim, including:
- evaluating the facts and documents pertaining to the workplace incident that resulted in your injuries.
- Discussing your legal options and rights, such as whether to file a personal injury lawsuit or claim workers’ compensation.
- Keeping track of your injuries and losses.
- filing your legal claims and pursuing settlement negotiations as required to provide you with full and reasonable compensation.
- If litigation is the most effective means of resolving your issue, you should bring it to formal hearings and court.
Accidents And Injuries On The Job In Forest Hills, Queens
Forest Hills is a predominantly residential neighborhood located in central Queens, New York City. The region was previously known as “Whitepot.” In 1906, the Cord Meyer Development Company acquired 660 acres in central Queens and called it Forest Park. In the 1920s and 1930s, the area expanded with the widening of Queens Boulevard and the inauguration of the Queens Boulevard Line of the New York City Subway.
Contact Workplace Accident Attorneys in Forest Hills Immediately
We assist workers in all spheres of employment, regardless of their financial, professional, or other backgrounds, in successfully navigating the legal system. We offer free case evaluations for third-party damage cases involving our clients. To schedule a free, private, and confidential case examination, contact our Forest Hills work injury lawyers immediately.
Questions Frequently Asked About Work Injury Claims in Forest Hills, Queens
In contrast to workers’ compensation claims, personal injury claims require proof that another party was at fault. Personal injury lawsuits can only be upheld if the other party is deemed negligent, which suggests that they must have done something improper.
Other distinctions between the two include:
Workers’ compensation claims:
– No guilt is required because the suffering has no value.
– No one has the legal right to file a lawsuit; this only applies to employees.
Claim for personal injuries:
– Fault must be established
– Compensation for all losses
– Permission to sue the at-fault party
– Eligibility for all harmed parties
Claims for third-party personal injuries may occur from substandard equipment, substandard merchandise, or automobile accidents on the job. Accidents in the workplace may be caused by a circumstance involving a supplier. Depending on the particulars of your workplace accident, you may be able to file a third-party personal injury claim to maximize your compensation.
Multiple elements determine whether an individual is an independent contractor or an employee. In addition, obtaining payment on a 1099 form from your company does not show that you are an independent contractor. And this is simply one instance. For whatever reason, the employer may occasionally argue that the accident was unrelated to the job. We can therefore assist you in resolving these concerns and challenging insurance company and employer claims that the injured client was an independent contractor or was not hurt on the job. There are a number of situations in which an employer can argue that an accident did not occur while an employee was at work, and a number of criteria to consider when deciding whether or not the employee was working at the time of the accident.